Disabled Veteran Exemption (35 ILCS 200/15-165)
Eligibility and Application Process
- Property must be owner occupied on January 1st of the application year.
- Property must be a residential single family home, town home, or condominium.
- Owner /occupant must be a disabled veteran who has served in the Armed Forces of the United States and, who has acquired, in connection with that service, a disability of such a nature that the federal government has authorized payment for purchase or construction of specially adapted housing as set forth in the U.S. CODE TITLE 38, Chapter 21.
- Application must be filed no later than December 31st of the application year.
- Property deed or Title Insurance Policy (Name of veteran must appear on this document).
- Disability Certificate from the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Application form signed by veteran and notarized by a notary public.
The documents must be filed with the DuPage County Supervisor of Assessments Office on ayearly basis to keep this exemption in effect.
The disabled veteran exemption exempts up to $70,000 from your property's equalized assessed valuation each year. Click here for estimate of property tax savings.
Questions?: Call the Supervisor of Assessments office at 630-407-5858.
© 2004–2013 Lisle Township. All rights reserved.